San Benito County Historical and Recreational Park
The San Benito County Historical and Recreational Park is located on Highway 25, 1 mile south of Tres Pinos (watch for the sign above, and enter the park over the bridge). There is a gate fee to the park of $3.00 per vehicle, which is collected by San Benito County.
The Recreational Area
For more information about the recreational area of the park, to obtain a group permit, or reserve a section of the park, visit the Parks & Recreation web site or call San Benito County Public Works at 831-636-4170.
The Historical Village
The public is welcome and tours may be arranged of the Historical Village by calling Don Pidd at 831.902.9349 or send an email.
Admission to the Historical
Village is free (donations are very welcome).
The Historic Village includes a diverse collection of historic homes, buildings, vehicles, farm implements, and more. Here's a partial list:
- The Sullivan House (more info and photos...)
- Willow Creek School (more info and photos...)
- Dunneville Dance Hall (more info and photos...)
- Cottage Bar (more info and photos...)
- Tres Pinos Jail
- Ferrando House (more info and photos...)
- Ferrando Barn (more info and photos...)
- Garcia House (more info and photos...)
- Woods Cabin (more info and photos...)
- Historic Vehicles (more info and photos...)
- Tank House (more info and photos.. )
If you turn left at the sign above, you enter the Historical Village with some old buildings from San Benito County.
In 2008 Pacific Coast Termite came to our rescue
by treating the historic Sullivan House for termites which had
been very active in the roofing area.
Without their support it would have been impossible for us to treat this problem. The Orange Oil treatment left the building with a wonderful aroma of citrus. Our termite problem now seems to be no longer. Thank you Pacific Coast Termite for a job well done!